Menu

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Post NET Blues

Hello Friends!

The result of CBSE-UGC NET July-2018 examination was declared recently. With their hearts beating faster than usual, candidates logged into the site to find if the luck favoured them or not. Many of the blessed ones were on Cloud Nine after reading their score and the Golden words "You are qualified for Assistant Professor/JRF" After all, their hard work has finally paid them.

I congratulate to all my friends who have qualified the exam and wish them a bright career ahead.

This post, however, is for those friends for who the result was not this sweet and perhaps they missed the bull's eye by a margin. I can empathise with them. I faced these Post-NET Blues many a times. This reminds me of the times when UGC NET was conducted by UGC itself (before this job was handed over to CBSE). Then, the list of the Roll Nos. of qualified candidates was published on UGCNETONLINE website. I would open the link with anxious hands and search for my Roll No. but without success.

I then, would check the final answer keys released by UGC with my keys and note down the questions which could be challenged even after the final result declaration. I would then research such tricky questions on Internet till late night to find any hopes of wrong keys.

This situation was very depressing for me. The night of NET result was always sleepless for me. I would then think of many "final" ideas like:
  "This NET is very hard nut (for me) to crack."
   "I have no strong academic foundation to prepare for it."
   "The number of qualified persons in my subject is increasing and it is going to be difficult to find a suitable teaching job without NET."
  "I must change my line and either I must prepare for other competitive exams or I should better apply for school jobs."
" I have already attempted for so many times and the level of exam is getting tougher. So it is now going out of my limits."
   "I am married and have many family and work responsibilities. I have no much time to do my studies. How I can clear the exam?" etc. etc.

I am sure that some of you must have such thoughts on their minds after seeing their result. Believe me, you are among thousands of the candidates who have now got one or more of the "reasons" to say "Good-bye" to their NET hopes. But before these gloomy thoughts take control over your dream of NET qualification, stop yourself. Rather than letting it drown you into self-pity or anger, decide to get out of this mood and give yourself a break. Go for a small vacation or do shopping or go for a movie with friends or whatever you like.

When you are back to your daily routine and are feeling good, make a strategy on how to bell this cat called NET. I have 2-3 posts on this blog where I have shared my experience on how one can qualify the exam. You may check these posts:
1. http://ugcnet-notes.blogspot.in/2015/07/how-to-ensure-great-score-in-net-exam.html
2. http://ugcnet-notes.blogspot.in/2016/04/recipe-for-cracking-UGC-NET.html
3. http://ugcnet-notes.blogspot.in/2016/07/prepare-but-dont-stress.html

I am sure that hard work accompanied with persistence and patience will take you to the places where you have always wanted to go.

Wish you all a Great Career and a Great Life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment